When it comes to spark plugs, just the name isn’t enough. There are some considerations to make, which will help you determine whether you are making the right choice. From thread size to technology to features and durability, there are many things to examine.
Autolite XP Iridium Spark Plugs Review
In our article, we shall review Autolite XP spark plugs, which are considered among the best today. Let’s see if that’s true.
Autolite – A Brief About The Company
Autolite is a century-old brand that was established in 1911. But, it wasn’t until 1935-36 that it manufactured its first spark plug. Thanks to their high quality and durability, the spark plugs had many takers including the likes of Packard, Studebaker, Chrysler, and Willys.
So many years later, the number of products has increased but the quality has not waned. The XP series is among the newest launches and it tasted instant success.
Autolite XP Iridium Spark Plugs – The Features
The XP range of spark plugs from Autolite is a product of passion for performance. The series uses proprietary platinum side wire along with iridium-enhanced fine wire, making it one of the most sought-after sparks at the moment.
On Amazon, it is a bestseller and an Amazon’s Choice product with hundreds of positive reviews. Let’s see what makes these spark plugs so special:
- Its fine wire design is iridium-enhanced and it merely measures 0.6mm. This contributes to its performance and longevity.
- The ground electrode is V-trimmed so that it provides excellent ignitability.
- The ground wire, on the other hand, is known for its incredible efficiency thanks to the fact that it is platinum-protected.
- The sparks have a nickel-plated shell.
- The platinum side wire technology is patented.
- These sparks focus on providing better performance through focused ignition.
- They come pre-gapped.
- The manufacturers offer a limited lifetime warranty on this product.
Autolite XP Iridium Spark Plugs
From the features above, it’s quite clear that these spark plugs are worth the hype. But, would you buy them?
They are obviously more expensive than standard sparks and the gas mileage may or may not get better. Besides these two points though, there’s nothing else that we can fault in them. They have all the features of top-class spark plugs and perform accordingly. Also, they are so long-lasting that you can forget about a replacement for 80,000 to 100,000 miles. The quite a lot of hassle-free driving.
Autolite brought its a-game forward with the XP series and we commend it for going all out with these spark plugs. Even though they are slightly on the expensive side, they are totally worth the price tag. So, go ahead then – make your purchase now.