Cars are fascinating, don’t you think? The more you learn about them, the more surprised you will be because they have so many components and complex machinery. While you don’t have to learn everything about vehicles, it is important to know as much as possible about the car you own.
Knowledge and awareness are the two key factors that will help you make conscious decisions when it comes to car servicing. Since it’s a machine, the parts will wear out sooner or later and understanding how to replace them will help you avoid choosing sub-par options.
Best Spark Plugs For Volkswagen Jetta
The Importance Of Spark Plugs In Volkswagen Jetta
Our article is dedicated to all Volkswagen Jetta users who need to replace their spark plugs. Spark plugs are small pieces that determine how well the engine functions because they kickstart the vehicle. Faulty spark plugs will not send the electricity to the engine and the vehicle will not start. It can also give rise to other problems such as rough idling, misfires, and lower mileage.
If you are experiencing any of these problems, you definitely should get a replacement. But, make sure you learn about the spark plugs and see what the OE plugs are to make a fine choice.
We understand that finding reliable options can be overwhelming, especially because there are so many options on the market. That is why our experts did the hard work for you. Here’s a comprehensive list of the best spark plugs that you choose for Volkswagen Jetta today:
1. NGK (1675) PFR7S8EG Spark Plug
NGK stands tall as one of the best available options today. It is known for its high quality products that last long and deliver the expected performance. These spark plugs have the following features:
- These are 100% authentic, anti-counterfeit spark plugs.
- They have more tolerance than OE plugs.
- The spark plugs are designed to avoid misfires, flashing, and sluggishness.
- The ceramic body and the metal body are connected firmly with thread workmanship.
- They also improve acceleration and eliminate shaking, usually caused by bad quality plugs.
2. Champion Iridium 9801 Spark Plug
One of the most accurately named companies of all! Champion spark plugs are indeed worthy of their name because they are durable, trustworthy, and not overly priced either. Below are a few specifics:
- These are iridium spark plugs, which provide maximum life and performance.
- They have a fine-wire center electrode. It is V-trimmed to ensure excellent ignition.
- The ground electrode is responsible for creating a sharper spark, which is more focused.
- Even when the engine load increases, these plugs have the ability to maintain a stable temperature.
- The iridium center is laser-locked.
3. NGK BKR7EIX IX Iridium Plug
Please allow us to introduce an Amazon’s Choice product to you! This one’s also from NGK and tops our recommendation charts for the following reasons:
- The spark plug has a 6mm iridium center electrode.
- The ground electrode is taper cut to boost acceleration and to improve starts.
- With this plug you can expect an immediate improvement in performance.
- It also takes care of anti-fouling.
- It has trivalent shell plating that makes it anti-corrosive.
- The spark plug also has anti-seizing properties.
4. Autolite 64-4PK Copper Resistor Spark Plug
Autolite spark plugs are the most affordable ones on our list. So, if you are on a budget, you should definitely check these out. Let’s discuss their features now:
- They have copper core material and alloy steel top material.
- The copper-glass seal creates a permanent and tight seal to ensure that there is no leakage.
- The steel shell is cold-formed and has precision rolled threads for added strength.
- You can also be positive that flashover will no longer be a problem because the spark plug has a multi-rib insulator.
- The resistor works to eliminate electrode erosion and RFI.
- The spark plugs provide excellent performance in all conditions.
5. Bosch Automotive (8160) OE Fine Wire Double Platinum Spark Plug
Bosch spark plugs are also very popular these days. They have made a mark in various categories, closely competing with the topper. This particular set of spark plugs has the following features:
- The ground electrode is laser-welded with platinum inlay to facilitate longer service life.
- The platinum firing pin enables better ignitability, which also contributes to optimized performance.
- Continuous 360-degree laser welding has been done on these plugs for resistance to corrosion and rust.
- During installation, you don’t need an anti-seize.
- The spark plugs are pre-gapped.
Choosing a good spark plug can be a time-consuming process but once you find the right one, there’s no looking back! We hope our article and guide helps you in this regard and enables you to make the right choice. If you have any questions regarding the same, please feel free to get in touch with us.