Gas engines are strong but for them to last long, you must ensure that all components work smoothly. If anything goes wrong, the entire engine may shut down.
Spark plugs, which are important for the combustion process, are an example of this. If a spark plug is worn out or broken, you will have difficulty starting the vehicle, running it smoothly, and using it efficiently. It will have inconvenience written all over it! Why not then, replace them immediately?
We know what you are thinking and we will answer that question before we get started with our list for the 5.7 Vortec.
How to choose spark plugs for a 5.7 Vortec
While price, efficiency, and reliability are crucial factors, none of them beats the type of spark plug. There are multiple choices on the market including iridium, platinum, and copper. Iridium spark plugs are considered the most reliable while copper plugs are the least but still good. Iridium and platinum plugs will last a very long time, up to 100,000 miles. Copper plugs will need replacement after 20,000 miles on an average.
Best Spark Plug for 5.7 Vortec
Below are the products we recommend. We have curated this list after testing them and going through a variety of reviews.
1. DENSO Iridium Spark Plugs
This is a set of 8 spark plugs. You will enjoy a better ride and accelerate more easily once you install them. Below are a few more product details for you:
- It has a 14 mm thread
- Each plug has a tapered cut U-groove ground electrode.
- It comes pre-gapped with 1.1 mm or 0.44”.
- Its heat range is 16.
- These hot burning spark plugs have been designed specifically for more durability.
- Improves ride quality
- Not an OEM part
2. NGK Laser Iridium Spark Plug – 1465
NGK is not the kind that will stay away from the spark plug race! This set of 8 spark plugs for 5.7 Vortec lives up to all the expectations. Here’s why we recommend buying it:
- They add life to the vehicle.
- Wear and tear does not affect them significantly.
- They are laser-welded thanks to which they need less voltage to ignite.
- Each spark plug has a 14 mm thread.
- The core is made of copper for better heat conduction.
- The reach is 0.708 inches.
- Long lasting
- Great performance
- Not pre-gapped
3. ACDelco Iridium Spark Plugs
If spending a few extra bucks for the highest quality is fine by you, you should go with ACDelco spark plugs. This is a set of 4 that promises to exceed expectations. Here’s a closer look:
- It has an iridium fine-wire electrode that increases fuel efficiency and burns all carbon deposits.
- It is an excellent choice for cold starts and smooth acceleration.
- It has a suppressor seal that gets rid of radio frequencies.
- The seal meters disallow combustion leakages.
- It is a factory-recommended part.
- High performance
4. Autolite Iridium XP
The Autolite spark plugs are easily among our favorites. Amazon agrees with us too, which is why it has given these plugs the Amazon’s Choice tag. Below are the reasons why.
- It has a 0.6 mm fine wire center electrode made of platinum alloy.
- The spark plug also has a V-trimmed platinum side wire technology, which Autolite has patented. It resists wear and tear.
- All plugs have an OE design to fit perfectly and with absolutely no hassle.
- You don’t have to worry about gap erosion because the manufacturers promise a long life and great durability.
- They are made in USA.
- Patented V-trimmed sideware
- Excellent fit
5. Bosch Double Iridium Spark Plug
We love ending the list on a high note! That’s why we are writing about Bosch Spark Plugs. This pack of 4 packs a punch with the following features:
- It has a double platinum firing pin that increases service life 3x.
- The fine wire design aids performance and ignition.
- It has been designed with 360-degree welding, which makes it even more durable.
- It is pre-gapped to ensure that you don’t struggle with it later on.
- The core is made of copper while the shell is nickel-plated.
- Lifelong warranty
- Improved performance
- Slightly more expensive for a 4-pack
Best spark plug for 5.7 Vortec – FAQs
Now that you know what to look for, let’s dig deeper into the subject. We are positive you have a few doubts regarding these spark plugs. We have answered them all here.
What is the right 5.7 Vortec spark plug gap?
The ideal gap is 0.60.
How long will my spark plugs for 5.7 Vortec last?
The iridium ones will easily last beyond 100,000 miles, which is why our list of the best only consists of iridium spark plugs.
Does spark plug gap affect idle?
Correct gapping is necessary for smooth and safe operation. If you gap your spark plug incorrectly, you will run the risk of the engine running haywire during idle.
Are NGK spark plugs pre-gapped?
Yes, they are pre-gapped but you should note that they may still need adjustments based on your vehicle.
What happens if the spark plug gap is too big?
The plug won’t work at all. In other cases, it may skip firing or it may ignite immediately causing problems.
Do spark plug gaps increase over time?
Yes. This is why the gap from the factory is reduced. This ensures that it lasts longer.
Can spark plugs increase horsepower?
Yes, they can, but not always. The increase in horsepower does not exceed 2% even in the best circumstances.
Which spark plugs are best for fuel economy?
All the options we mentioned above have been curated keeping fuel economy in mind. No matter which one you choose, you will be happy with the performance.
We hope all your questions related to spark plugs for 5.7 Vortec have been answered. If you have any more doubts in mind, please write to us or leave a comment.