While a lot of people talk about spark plugs, not many realize their importance. Did you know that
without these neat little auto parts, a vehicle wouldn’t even be able to start? That is why proper
maintenance is extremely important.
|Product No.||Spark Plug for 5.4 Triton||Product Image||Product Reviews||Check Price|
|3)||AD Auto Parts|
|4)||MAS Ignition Coil|
|8)||AD Auto Parts|
However, after a point of time, you may have to replace your spark plugs completely. This may be
due to multiple reasons, but the most common one is age. They may succumb to wear and tear and
may not be able to provide you with the same performance as they once did.
You shouldn’t really worry about this, though. It is quite easy to purchase spark plugs today, thanks
to Amazon and the beautiful world of online shopping. The only thing to remember is to filter your
search based on your car. If you are reading this, you are probably looking for the best spark plug for
5.4 Triton. But, note that many options are versatile and can fit other vehicles as well. Here’s our
handpicked list to help you buy the best:
Best Spark Plug for 5.4 Triton
1. Motorcraft Spark Plug SP546
Amazon’s Choice and our favorite too, the Motorcraft Spark Plug comes in sets of 8. The specialty of these spark plugs is that all of them meet the OEM standards while sometimes, they are said to exceed them to provide the best to customers. Let’s learn a little about these gems:
- They are SP546 spark plugs, and they will fit your vehicle perfectly.
- It has nickel-alloy electrodes.
- All spark plugs have fine wire platinum tips.
- While a few users have raised the issue that the gap isn’t sufficient, we noted no problems in
this matter. Multiple others echo our thoughts as well. So, we think you should first check
the item when it arrives and return it immediately if you see gap issues.
- Motorcraft takes quality extremely seriously, which is why it has inspection checks even
during the shipping process. This ensures that the product you receive is in top shape and
can be used right out of the box.
- The company backs its products with a 1-year replacement warranty, which you can avail should you experience unsatisfactory results?
2. Autolite Platinum Spark Plug for 5.4 Triton
The Autolite Spark Plug is another option you cannot ignore. Considerably affordable and of the highest quality, you can expect nothing short of the greatest performance with Autolite. Let’s
explore the features now:
- The spark plugs have platinum fine wire tips that promise more efficiency than regular spark plugs. They also ensure better horsepower, lower emissions, and zero-gap erosion.
- They follow the patented OE design for consistent and the highest performance.
- All the spark plugs have a one-piece ground shield strap. This is an important feature because it helps improve the rate of heat transfer.
- They have a nickel alloy side electrode.
- The design and the high strength steel technology make replacement of the spark plugs a
piece of cake. All you need is a special socket tool.
- The spark plugs work well not only with 5.4 Triton but also with 4.6 and 6.8 3-valve engines.
3. AD Auto Parts Spark Plug for 5.4 Triton
This is another excellent option from Motorcraft with raving reviews from all its users. You can buy these plugs in sets of 4, 8, or 10 based on your preferences. They are also versatile and compatible with a wide range of vehicles. So, we advise you to check the list of vehicles they are recommended for and then take a call. We are now going to look through its features:
- Each spark plug measures 2.7 x 2.1 x 3.8 inches. That’s pretty much the standard size, but it
is always good to be sure.
- They fit a variety of vehicles, but sometimes, a spark plug socket will make your job easier. So, you could actually ask the manufacturers if they recommend a socket for your model.
- You can expect an increase of 1 to 2 mpg, which is quite commendable.
- These are the upgraded spark plugs that do not break or cause any damage. We mention this because we heard that earlier, multiple people suffered an engine block due to breakage. These spark plugs don’t give you that problem.
4. Ignition Coil DG508 and Motorcraft Spark Plug
Here’s a combo that you can’t ignore. We couldn’t either, which is why it is on our list. If you need an ignition coil as well as a spark plug, we recommend that you choose this set. It is a set of 8 and is a value-for-money product. Let’s quickly go through the features that help it stand apart:
- The set works to improve engine performance, minimize RFI emissions, increase fuel efficiency, and bring down tailpipe emissions considerably.
- The spark plugs are of OEM quality for the highest performance.
- 0.54 is the OEM gap specification, but because the gap is such an issue with multiple users, we suggest that you check before you buy.
- Note that this product does not come with any installation instructions. Once you buy it,
thus, you are on your own. So, if you have never done this before, you should leave it to a
mechanic. If you are confident about your DIY skills, you can look online for steps and go
ahead with the process.
- The company offers a basic warranty for replacement.
5. Champion Spark Plugs for 5.4 Triton
Champion Spark Plugs are probably the most popular options, and even though they are receiving tough competition from others such as Motor craft, the vintage spark plugs have managed to stay among the top. That’s how they have made it to our list too! You cannot go wrong with the Champion Spark Plugs 79894 pack, which has specifically been designed for Ford 5.4 Triton and other models. What are the features? Read on!
- The spark plugs have a machined exterior.
- Users say that these spark plugs are stronger than their counterparts. This is why, even though they are expensive, they are chosen over the others.
- They have a platinum tipped center electrode, which is of the highest quality. This is also probably why they are priced high.
- The ground electrode also has a platinum pad.
- Some people have reported that these spark plugs fail after a couple of thousand miles.However, that’s open to debate since many others are super happy with them. If you don’t want to risk it, though, you could stick to the other cheap and reliable options.
6. Motorcraft SP-515 Spark Plug
This is another excellent option of spark plugs from Motorcraft. It is reliable, trustworthy, and comes with multiple features that you are sure to love. Below are a few:
- It comes pre-gapped, making it hassle-free. You don’t have to worry about doing it yourself.
- They are OEM fit. So, you just have to make sure they are compatible with your vehicle.
- They lend better performance and boost fuel economy.
- The spark plugs have also been tested to be reliable for many miles without any hassle.
- The manufacturer promises a warranty of 2 years on these spark plugs.
7. Autolite HT15 Spark Plug
Autolite has always been among the leaders when it comes to good spark plugs. It is one of the top choices among 5.4 Triton owners and rightly so. Let’s explore the reason behind this:
- The spark plugs have a platinum fine wire that is known to provide better horsepower, better performance, lower emissions, and no gap erosion.
- They have a patented OE design, making them direct replacements without any fitment problems.
- They enable excellent heat transfer thanks to their ground shield strap.
- Another interesting feature is that they have been designed with the high strength steel technology so that removing them when the time comes is not cumbersome.
- You will definitely see an improvement in ride quality after installing these spark plugs.
8. NEW OEM Platinum Spark Plugs
The platinum spark plugs from AD Auto Parts Store are available in sets of 2, 4, 6, 8, and 10. We, of course, recommend buying the set of 8 and replacing all your spark plugs at the same time. Let’s learn more about these spark plugs:
- They have platinum fine wire, which means that they are reliable, long-lasting, and of high quality.
- The spark plugs will get rid of hard starts, engine misfires, and fuel economy problems.
- You will experience a smoother ride after replacing your old plugs with these.
- They come pre-gapped, perfect for 5.4 Triton.
- They are a direct replacement, which means that as long as your vehicle is compatible, you won’t have to worry about making changes for installation. Remember to check fitment before purchasing.
How to choose spark plugs for 5.4 Triton
Since there are so many options in the market today, it is easy to get confused and wonder which ones to go for. This guide will help you in that regard by helping you choose based on various parameters. Please continue reading:
- Make sure you buy a spark plug with iridium or platinum tips. The others may not last long and these two materials are the best options today. They significantly boost the performance and last for around 80,000 to 100,000 miles when maintained well.
- Melting point is another factor you should consider. Platinum spark plugs win this race and resist high temperatures with ease.
- The spark plugs should be easy to install so that even as a beginner you can install them without spending money on a mechanic. Usually, OE replacements and pre-gapped plugs are the easiest to install.
- Last but not the least, it is extremely important to ensure that the spark plugs have been specifically constructed for your vehicle. If you buy the wrong fit and install them forcibly, the engine will face severe problems.
People also ask
1) How often should you change spark plugs on 5.4 Triton?
If you are seeing no problems, you should replace the plugs at 100,000 miles. Before you reach this number, if you experience any problems such as frequent misfires, rough handling, poor fuel economy, etc. you should check the spark plugs and replace them if needed.
2) How many spark plugs does 5.4 Triton have?
It has 8 spark plugs that should ideally be replaced together.
3) Are Motorcraft spark plugs pre-gapped?
Yes, the iridium spark plugs come pre-gapped. Most of the others are also pre-gapped these days but it is always a good idea to check before purchasing.
4) What can I use to clean my spark plugs?
You can use fuel injector cleaner or any similar quick-dry cleaner to clean your spark plugs.
Now that you have the best options with multiple features, we think it will be easy for you to pick
out your favorite. Don’t forget to tell us which one made the cut. Comment now!