Did you know that most problems in the engine occur due to a faulty spark plug? A spark plug is the perfect example of “big things come in small packages” because if it doesn’t work well, you will have many big problems to worry about.
Spark plugs provide the necessary ignition for the engine to run and that is why they need to be in top shape and perform exceptionally well. In fact, spark plug replacement is an integral part of engine maintenance. You must know when it is time to change it and which one is the best choice for your Chevy Cruze 1.4 Turbo.
|Product No.||Spark plug for Chevy Cruze 1.4 Turbo||Product Image||Product Reviews||Check Price|
|4)||Champion Iridium 9801|
|7)||Fram Autolite XP3922|
We understand this is a big ask for someone who’s not a mechanic. That is why we are here to help you out! Read on for important information and our top recommendations.
When does your spark plug need changing?
There are a few signs your vehicle will give you to indicate that the spark plug needs to be replaced. Let’s take a look at the common ones:
- Poor startup (mostly harsh)
- Frequent engine misfires
- Rough idling
- Poor fuel economy
- Speedup issues
- Check engine light is ON
If you are experiencing any of these, you should go ahead and get the spark plugs checked (and replaced).
Best Spark plug for Chevy Cruze 1.4 Turbo
Here are our favorite spark plugs!
1. ACDelco – Iridium Spark Plug for Chevy Cruze
If you are looking for a smooth ride and stability, the ACDelco Professional Spark Plug is definitely the answer. It is highly efficient and performs as expected. Below are a few more details:
- While the core material is iridium, which is the best in spark plug terms, the top material is nickel.
- The iridium fine-wire electrode works to remove all carbon deposits from the tip immediately.
- This is a small and compact spark plug made to enable quick acceleration and cold starting.
- It prevents combustion leakage.
- The suppressor seal keeps radio frequencies away. This is important to ensure that the vehicle’s electronics work without interference.
- Improves fuel economy
- It is an original replacement and fits perfectly
2. Autolite – Copper Resistor Spark Plug (3922-4PK)
Autolite is a popular brand that many trust and adore. It has proven to be a leader when it comes to spark plugs and this particular one tells us why. Find out more below:
- The spark plugs have a copper core. The top material is alloy steel.
- The copper glass seal ensures 100% protection from leakage because it bonds the electrode, terminal, and insulator very tightly.
- The steel shell is cold-formed and has precision-rolled threads. They provide a lot of strength to the spark plug.
- Thanks to the multi-rib insulator, you won’t have to worry about flashovers.
- The copper electrode delivers great performance regardless of the ride conditions.
- No erosion
- Some users have faced fitment problems
3. Pulstar – PlasmaCore Spark Plug (be1h10)
Move on from iridium and nickel spark plugs to PlasmaCore by Pulstar! This is a premium spark plug that can take away all your woes and shower multiple benefits on your vehicle. A few highlights are as follows:
- It works on the plasma-assisted combustion technology.
- The manufacturers say that you will enjoy around 9 ft.lbs more torque and 7 additional HP once you install these spark plugs.
- The spark plugs also have a patented internal capacitor that works to create an electric pulse of high intensity. It enhances combustion, leading to better performance.
- You will enjoy unmatched throttle response and idling.
- Ignition is much faster and economical.
- Highly efficient
- Smoother ride
- Minimal emissions
- Not pre-gapped
4. Champion Iridium Replacement spark plugs
Champion is another popular name when it comes to spark plugs. Once you go through the features of this particular model, you will know why.
- The core material is iridium while the top material is metal.
- It has been engineered to deliver optimal performance thanks to its fine-wire iridium electrode and platinum ground.
- The alloy is heat-active, which means it allows electrodes to stay stable even when the engine load changes.
- It offers maximum spark and focused spark.
- It works with various engine types and delivers great performance regardless of the ignition system.
- The throttle response provided is better than factory spark plugs.
- Excellent performance under different loads
- Great throttle response
5. Denso – Iridium Spark Plug (5310)
Denso prides itself in providing innovative solutions. The 5310 Iridium Spark Plug, for example, has the smallest diameter of iridium center electrode at 0.4 mm. That helps it fire optimally and better than its competitors. Interested? Keep reading!
- The ground electrode has a taper cut and a U-groove. This feature minimizes heat quenching and increases the spark flame.
- It has been engineered through a patented 360-degree laser welding process that provides top-notch structural strength and bonding.
- They come pre-gapped but we request you to check the gap before installation. It may need adjustment.
- It burns intensely, improving the output.
- Excellent spark and flame
- Fuel economy remains the same
6. NGK Laser Iridium Spark Plug for Chevy Cruze 1.4 Turbo
The NGK Laser Iridium set of 4 spark plugs has been designed specifically for the GM 4-cylinder engine family. It is one of the leading spark plugs at the moment because of its properties. Let’s find out what they are:
- Each spark plug has a trivalent metal plating that ensures excellent anti-seizing and anti-corrosion.
- You won’t have to worry about flashover either because the spark plugs have corrugated ribs.
- The insulator is made out of pure alumina silicate ceramic for optimal heat transfer and superior strength.
- The spark plugs have a laser iridium fine wire and copper core. The copper core removes excess heat.
- Leakage will become a thing of the past with this set of plugs because they have triple seal.
- The ground electrode has a platinum pad that ensures even wear.
- Very strong ignitability
- Long life
7. Fram Autolite Iridium XP Spark Plug
Do you need just one spark plug? You can go with Fram Autolite Iridium. It is considered among the best in the business for various reasons. Let’s take a look at a few of them:
- The fine wire electrode is made of iridium-enhanced platinum alloy. This combination makes room for better ignitability and performance.
- The plugs have V-trimmed platinum side-wire technology for a longer life. This patented technology essentially reduces wear and tear.
- It is a direct OE replacement and has been designed to fit the vehicle perfectly.
- You will not have to deal with any gap erosion after installing these plugs.
- The plugs have an attached terminal nut and motor seat gasket.
- OE design
- Easy to install
- Works as expected
8. NGK Standard Spark Plug for Chevy Cruze
Here’s another good choice from NGK. These spark plugs are available individually and in sets of 4. You may choose based on your preference. But, why should you consider buying them? The answer is in their features:
- These are called standard spark plugs to depict that they have wide applications and are compatible with most vehicles.
- They are designed to work well over a wide heat range – much wider than regular plugs.
- Pre-ignition and carbon build-up will be a thing of the past once you install these spark plugs.
- All spark plugs have high alumina ceramics that ensure better heat transfer and insulation.
- The triple gasket (patented) avoids leakage.
- The plugs have a nickel-tipped electrode and a copper core. Together they promise durability.
- Work as expected
- Good heat transfer
- Smooth idling
- Shorter life when compared to iridium plugs
Whichever spark plug you choose, one thing’s for sure – you will be happy. All these spark plugs are tried and tested by our experts.
We are going to end on a strong note by answering a few common questions.
What is the typical Chevy Cruze 1.4 spark plug gap?
It is usually between 0.25 and 0.28
How often should I change my spark plugs?
With the Chevy Cruze, you may need to change the spark plug every 60,000 miles or when the engine shows signs of distress (whichever comes first).
What happens if you don’t change the spark plug?
Your engine will suffer massively. It will burn more fuel, leading to an increase in fuel costs. It will also lead to more emissions. In the long-term, the engine may shut down completely.
If you have any more questions, please contact us and we will address them for you. We are looking forward to your feedback.