One of the most important parts of upgrading or rebuilding your engine is changing the spark plugs. This is because these small plugs shoulder a lot of responsibility. They are the reason why your vehicle starts smoothly and accelerates without problems. We often forget how important they are until they start malfunctioning and a whole load of issues arise.
But now that you have decided to focus on them and change them for the better, let’s talk about buying the best spark plugs for your 350 Chevy engine. In this article, we will cover multiple points including a buying guide, the best available options, and some additional information. Let’s start.
Buying Guide of Spark Plugs For 350 Chevy Engine
There are many spark plugs on the market but we cannot just buy any of them and install them. A lot of factors come into play such as the following:
- Compatibility: Spark plugs will be difficult to install and their performance will be questionable if they are not compatible with your vehicle. This is why you must check whether the spark plug you like has been built for your engine. All options on major websites have information related to this to help you narrow your search down.
- Size: There are two things you should know here – size of the nut and size of the thread. They should both match the specifications of the OE spark plugs.
- Material: Copper, platinum, and iridium are the three popular materials used to build the center electrode. You can choose any based on your preferences. Copper is usually the OE standard for performance while platinum and iridium exceed OE standards.
Best Spark Plugs For 350 Chevy Engine
Let’s jump right in and read about some of the best spark plugs available today.
1. E3 Spark Plug For 350 Chevy Engine
E3 spark plugs are very popular because of their Diamond Fire Electrode technology and the fact that they perform really well. Below are a few important details:
- It will create a superior spark each time thanks to its advanced technology. The flame produces more localized pressure.
- It eliminates carbon deposits, which negatively impact performance.
- The plugs last incredibly long – at least 5 years or 100,000 miles.
- You can expect around 6 to 12% power increase.
- The E3 design ensures that the spark flows with lower voltage.
- It has a nickel-plated terminal end that avoids corrosion.
2. NGK Standard Series Spark Plug – BR6S
NGK is a leader when it comes to spark plugs because of its quality and reliability. This set is for those who are looking to replace all the spark plugs at once. We have jotted down a few features below:
- These are standard plugs with copper center electrode.
- They have a trivalent plating to stay protected from seizing and corrosion.
- To add to this, they also have corrugated ribs that ensure no flashovers.
- With these plugs you can enjoy better heat transfer and strength because they have an alumina silicate ceramic insulator.
- There are no leakages either.
- The thread size is 14mm and the reach of the spark plug is 0.375 inches.
- These spark plugs will give you a hot spark, which leads to better performance and combustion. It also reduces emissions.
3. ACCEL Copper Core Spark Plug – 0526-4
ACCEL is another excellent brand that manufactures good quality OE sparks. These spark plugs are made of copper and alloy steel and come with the following features:
- They are hot spark plugs that produce a highly efficient spark. They ensure that there’s no wastage by burning the air and fuel mixture as required.
- Once you install these spark plugs, you will enjoy high power even at high RPM along with less flame dissipation.
- They also take care of misfires so that you don’t have to deal with them.
- Fuel economy will also be better with these spark plugs.
- The throttle response is instant and strong.
- The thread that protects the cylinder heads measures 14mm.
4. NGK Iridium Spark Plug 350 Chevy Engine – TR55IX
This spark plug is easily one of the best on our list for the simple reason that it has an iridium tip. For more details, read on!
- The center electrode is ultra-fine and provides high durability.
- It is also very precise in producing spark. This means that you will enjoy a consistent, strong, and accurate spark.
- The thread size of these spark plugs is 14mm.
- The core material is copper.
- The spark plug reach is around 0.691 inches.
- It has a projected insulator.
5. Autolite Non-Resistor Spark Plug – AR133-4PK
This set of 4 spark plugs from Autolite will definitely catch your eye, just like it caught Amazon’s eye! That’s right – it is an Amazon’s Choice product with a number of interesting features. Find out what they are below:
- These plugs have been designed with colder heat range when compared to OE plugs so that they can handle extreme conditions well.
- They are made with yttrium-enhanced alloy for less pre-ignition hassle and more durability.
- They are resistant to rust thanks to their nickel coating, which makes them anti-corrosive.
- The spark plugs have 8% less side wire temperature than regular plugs.
- You will enjoy better ignitability of the flame kernel with these plugs.
People also ask
We shall round off our article by answering a few commonly asked questions.
1) How long should my spark plugs last?
On an average, they can last around 60,000 miles. But, good spark plugs (iridium), when installed correctly can last up to 100,000 miles.
2) What is better – cold or hot spark plugs?
Hot plugs are suitable for engines with good air-fuel ratio and if you use your vehicle for daily driving. Cold plugs are better for high speed driving and less air-fuel ratio.
3) Is cleaning a spark plug a good idea?
Yes, but you should use the right tools to do it. Knives and brushes can reduce their efficiency.
4) Do high-end spark plugs make a difference?
Yes, they provide better performance and consistency.
We hope this article was comprehensive enough to help you and give you an insight into the world of spark plugs. Make sure you compare all the aforementioned options and choose the one that fits your needs. If you have any doubts, we are here to help.