The Nissan Titan was introduced in 2004 and since then, it has not looked back. This full-sized pickup truck was named after the Titans from Greek mythology and most users say that it does justice to its name. Available in 2 and 4-door variations, the Nissan Titan is indeed an excellent choice for anyone who wants a pickup. If you own one, we are sure you love it.
Is Nissan Titan A Good Truck?
Users report that the Nissan Titan is a decent truck with good acceleration and handling. You may not find it to be very sporty but it does its job as a pickup very well. The only thing is that the mileage is not very great on the highway. If you can be on board with that, you will have no problems with Nissan Titan.
Importance Of Choosing High Quality Spark Plugs For Nissan Titan
One of the most important and often underrated auto parts is the spark plug. This small part plays a big role when it comes to performance, which is why you must be aware of its functioning. If you see any signs of stress, you should replace the spark plugs immediately. Otherwise, you will have engine troubles and backfires.
In the market, you will find a wide variety of spark plugs and some of them will be cheap. But, we urge you to choose good quality spark plugs even if they cost a little more because cheap plugs will burn out way faster than expected and can create unnecessary problems. A bad spark plug will also cause the engine to suffer, leading to long-term problems. A good one, on the other hand, will be an easy fix. It will last a very long time without creating issues with the engine.
Below are a few additional things you should consider while buying spark plugs:
- The material – Always remember that the material plays a crucial role. Copper, platinum, and iridium are the most popular choices. Iridium is considered the best because it is the hardest and most long-lasting.
- The gaps – Pre-gapped spark plugs are easier to install. They come gapped according to the vehicle, making the job easy. So, remember to check if the spark plugs you are buying are gapped.
- The price – As aforementioned, you must always ensure that you buy good quality spark plugs. But, that doesn’t mean you buy the most expensive ones. You can get a neat balance between price and quality once you do some research.
Best Spark Plugs For Nissan Titan
Now, let’s take a look at our expert’s choices. These will help you narrow down the available options without breaking a sweat!
1. NGK Iridium IX Spark Plugs – 8 pieces
NGK is almost always on the forefront and for a good reason too. It is one of the best brands out there for spark plugs. This particular set has iridium electrodes and has been designed for better acceleration. Below are a few more details:
- The iridium electrode facilitates more spark energy and ignitability. This directly boosts acceleration.
- The iridium IX alloy, which is used to manufacture these spark plugs, is 6x harder than platinum plugs. It is also around 8x stronger, making it a fine choice. These features allow the spark plugs to function smoothly even at high temperatures.
- These plugs are a significant upgrade from G-power, V-power, standard, and OE spark plugs.
- They work well under high heat and can deliver spark consistently.
- They have trivalent metal plating that helps with anti-seizing and avoids corrosion.
- Other features that you can enjoy with these spark plugs are faster combustion, reduced energy absorption.
Who can use it
- 2004 to 2015 Nissan Titan 5.6L V8
2. Denso Platinum TT Spark Plug – 8 pieces
Denso is another excellent company when it comes to spark plugs. This set of 8 spark plugs, designed for Nissan Titan models, has platinum electrodes and many interesting features. Let’s find out what they are:
- These spark plugs have a twin tube design that has a 360-degree laser weld. This configuration enables better engine efficiency and flame propagation.
- They also have a free-standing fire pad for better fuel consumption. Gas purification is also highly efficient with this design thanks to the minimum-quench electrode.
- The plugs are resistant to corrosion and will fight any signs of wear even in the toughest conditions.
- You can enjoy faster starts with these spark plugs because they require low voltage and have better ignitability.
- You will enjoy fewer misfires, more power, faster starts, and better mileage.
- The manufacturers promise minimized gap growth over the years.
Who can use it
- 2004-2015 Nissan Titan 5.6L V8
3. ENA Platinum Spark Plugs – Set of 8
The ENA Platinum Spark Plugs are also quite popular and well-known replacement spark plugs. They are reliable, easy to install, and quite affordable. This particular set includes ignition coils as well. Below are a few more details:
- The spark plugs are an upgrade on the OE plugs but with similar design to aid faster installation.
- You can enjoy reliability and superior performance with these spark plugs.
- Once you install these plugs, you won’t have to worry about hard starts, misfires, spark plug fouling, inconsistent transmission shifts, etc. The set will take care of all these problems for you.
- These plugs will do well under any and all operating conditions.
- They are resistant to rust, heat, and pressure.
- The plugs also offer very reliable cold starts.
- The manufacturers offer a 1-year warranty (limited) on these plugs.
Who can use it
- 2004-2006 Nissan Titan QX56
- 2005-2006 Armada 5.6L
4. NGK Spark Plugs – 4929
Here’s another NGK spark plug that has been certified not just by our experts but also by Amazon. That’s right – these are Amazon’s Choice spark plugs! Here are some of their features:
- The plugs have been specifically designed to handle high heat range without problems. This means that they will operate smoothly over different temperatures without affecting performance.
- You won’t have to worry about carbon build-up and pre-ignition with these plugs.
- In order to ensure better electrical insulation and heat transfer, the plugs have high alumina ceramics.
- They have a copper core and nickel electrode for a long life.
- Their triple gasket sealing removes any possibility of leakages.
- Fuel consumption will improve significantly once you install these spark plugs.
Who can use it
- OEM part number: DPR8EA-9
5. Bosch Platinum+4 Spark Plug – 4417
Bosch is a leading manufacturer of many auto parts including the spark plugs. This particular spark plug is made of platinum and has a nickel top. Its features are as follows:
- The spark plugs work on the surface gap firing technology with 4 ground electrodes, each of which is yttrium-enhanced. This feature helps create a powerful spark and boost engine performance.
- The ground electrodes also work to ensure that the air-fuel mixture is optimal for good combustion. They also reduce oxidation and gap wear.
- The spark plugs come pre-gapped and are easy to install. You will not need to make any adjustments.
- You will see an improvement in acceleration and car idling. Handling is also improved.
- The pricing is also quite affordable, making it a good choice.
Who can use it
- OEM part number: 4417
People also ask
Before rounding off, let’s learn more about spark plugs in general.
1) How many spark plugs does Nissan Titan have?
There’s one spark plug for each cylinder.
2) When should you replace spark plugs?
- Engine misfires
- Low fuel economy
- Rough acceleration
- Check Engine light is ON
- Rough idling
These are some of the signs that your spark plugs must be replaced.
3) What brand of spark plugs does Nissan use?
Nissan uses NGK spark plugs.
4) What are the best spark plugs for horsepower?
We would say Denso and NGK Iridium IX are good for horsepower.
5) Do spark plugs brands matter?
Yes, they do, especially when it comes to performance and reliability.
6) Are NGK spark plugs pre-gapped?
Yes, most NGK spark plugs are pre-gapped.
7) Is it okay to mix spark plug brands?
Yes, it is.
Now that you have a clear idea about spark plugs and how you should buy them, we hope you will make a sound choice. If you have any more questions or doubts, please feel free to reach out to us. We are always here to help you out.