Is your Lincoln Town Car not performing like it used to? Are you experiencing difficult starts, misfires, and inefficiency? This could be due to faulty spark plugs.
Best Spark Plugs For Lincoln Town Car
Factory spark plugs last for a few years but as is the case with every other accessory, they have an expiration date. After a point, you will start seeing symptoms that indicate that it’s time to buy new ones. Thankfully, replacement spark plugs are easy to find and are quite affordable.
Symptoms Of Bad Spark Plugs In Lincoln Town Car
The symptoms may vary from one vehicle to the other based on how bad the spark plugs’ condition is. We have, however, listed out the most common ones for you:
- The Check Engine light is ON
- Acceleration is not as smooth and fast as it used to be
- You are experiencing misfires quite frequently
- Fuel economy has suddenly gone down
- Rough vibrations or rough idling
If you see even one of these symptoms, you should look at replacing the spark plugs. If you are doubtful, you can also have your engine examined/serviced. This will help you zero in on the exact problem.
Once you are sure that the spark plugs are indeed the problem in your Lincoln Town Car, you can find good replacement ones online. Since there are so many manufacturers and choosing can easily become confusing, we have done the homework for you. Read on for recommendations from our experts:
1. New NGK 3403 G-Power Platinum Alloy Spark Plug
NGK is known to be an excellent brand that sells high quality spark plugs. This set of 8 is proof of the same. Here are a few details about it:
- The spark plugs are made of platinum alloy. It provides better efficiency and performance.
- They are easy to install because they are direct OE replacements.
- You can expect excellent ignitability and fewer misfires with these spark plugs.
- You no longer have to worry about flashovers.
- They come pre-gapped to exact specifications.
2. ENA Set of 8 Spark Plugs Compatible with Lincoln Town Car
The ENA spark plugs are versatile and can be used for Lincoln, Mercury, etc. They have many interesting features that will attract you. Let’s take a look at a few of them:
- These are OE spark plugs with the same fit and specifications.
- They have been engineered to match or exceed the performance of standard plugs.
- You can expect longer life and durability with these plugs along with greater performance.
- The electrode tip is very fine and wears much slower than standard tips.
- You can get rid of slow acceleration, misfires, bad fuel economy, and rough idling with these plugs.
3. NGK V-Power Spark Plugs Compatible with Lincoln Town Car 4.6L
Here’s another NGK product that you will love. This is from the V-Power series and promises to upgrade your ride. Below are a few details of the same:
- These spark plugs are compatible with Lincoln Town Car models from 1991 to 2011.
- They are known to reduce emissions and minimize misfires to boost fuel economy.
- With these plugs, you will also experience a boost in performance.
- The center and ground electrodes are quite efficient and smooth. They improve spark efficiency and ignitability.
- The electrodes are resistant to rust and corrosion.
4. Motorcraft SP-493 Spark Plug
Now we have an Amazon’s Choice product. This Motorcraft spark plug has many happy users and reviews. Read on to go through a few of its highlights:
- This is a genuine replacement part with the same quality as OE spark plugs.
- It is very easy to install and you do not need professional help for the same.
- The plugs come pre-gapped according to OE specifications.
- They get rid of misfires and inefficiency of spark.
- You will instantly notice an improvement in ignitability, fuel economy, and overall performance.
5. NEW DENSO Iridium Power Spark Plugs
We don’t need to enunciate the importance of iridium spark plugs. They are the most superior quality and come with multiple benefits. DENSO, by using iridium in its spark plugs, has raced its way into our list. Its features are enlisted as follows:
- This is a set of 8 spark plugs, which enables you to change all the plugs of your Lincoln Town Car in one go.
- Iridium fine wire tip is extremely sensitive and causes instant ignitability.
- With these spark plugs you don’t have to worry about misfires and rough idling.
- Many users have reported an improvement in fuel economy after installing these plugs.
- They are pre-gapped and allow smooth acceleration.
Spark plugs, according to us, are not given enough credit until they malfunction. We advise you to not let that happen. Get regular checks so that you know when it’s time to replace them without having to go through the symptoms. When the time comes, you can refer to our recommendations and make an instant purchase. Make sure you compare them and check the features so that you zero in on the one that fits your needs perfectly. All the best!