The LS1 engine entered the market back in the 90s in Corvette and Camaro. Since then, its popularity has widely increased and today, it is considered one of the best options you can have. One of the latest upgrades, the Gen III is made of aluminum or iron. The small-block size makes it quite versatile and ready to use even in powerful engines.
No matter how amazing your engine is, it is important to understand that it is only as good as the spark plug. Without good quality spark plugs, your engine will not perform to its capacity and fail sooner or later. The OEM plugs will last a few thousand miles and after that, you should look at top-rated LS1 engine replacement spark plugs so that the performance continues.
When should you change your spark plugs?
The engine will speak to you through various signs, indicating that the spark plugs need to be replaced. These signs may be and are not limited to:
- Lower than average car performance
- Starting difficulties
- Slow acceleration
- Increase in fuel consumption
In simple words, if your vehicle is not performing as well as it usually does, you should get it checked. The mechanic will point at the exact problem and give you its solution.
Best spark plugs for LS1 – Experts’ choice
Once you have established that you must replace your spark plugs, your hunt for the best options will begin. Thankfully, the Internet is such a wonderful place that you can compare options without leaving your seat. And with our list, you don’t even have to switch to a new tab. It’s all here!
1. ACDelco GM Original Equipment Spark Plugs – 41-962
Who hasn’t heard of ACDelco? If you are an enthusiast and usually shop for vehicle parts by yourself, you will definitely be familiar with this name. Its popularity can be attributed to its reliability and features such as:
- This is a double platinum spark plug with a copper core. It works consistently and efficiently to reduce stress on the ignition system.
- The spark plug has a fired-in suppressor with a gas-tight seal that prevents leakage, engine interference, and radio frequency. It also protects the engine against compression pressures.
- The copper core keeps the system cool and minimizes fouling.
- The top material is nickel.
- These are GM original equipment spark plugs, which have been put through rigorous tests so that they meet high quality standards.
2. Bosch Double Iridium Spark Plug for LS1
Bosch is another popular company that has been well-received by the public. Its double iridium spark plug is particularly liked because of the many features it comes with. Let’s take a look at a few:
- This 4-pack double iridium spark plug has 4x life than standard plugs. The firing pin and the ground electrode inlay are made of iridium.
- The firing pin measures just around 0.6mm. This fine wire promises better performance and ignitability.
- The spark plug has a continuous laser weld throughout and this contributes to its resistance to corrosion.
- The shell of the plug is nickel-plated and has rolled threads. This further protects from corrosion as well as seizing.
- The insulator has a ribbed design, which avoids flashovers and subsequent misfires.
3. NGK Spark Plug Replacement – 3186
NGK has consistently been a topper among spark plugs because of its consistently good products. These are G-power platinum plugs that keep up its name thanks to their specifications.
- The fact that they are made of platinum alloy makes them eco-friendly and highly efficient at the same time.
- Once you install these spark plugs, you will see an immediate improvement in the ignition and fuel efficiency.
- They also lower emissions and boost performance.
- The spark plugs have a laser-welded platinum tip that contributes to their durability.
- What’s more, they give a stable spark and ignite very quickly.
- To top it all, the spark plugs have a triple gasket seal to avoid gas leakages.
4. Denso Platinum TT Spark Plug for LS1
Now, let’s talk about the Denso twin-tip spark plugs. They are widely popular because they are easy on the pocket and do exactly what you’d expect from them. Read on for more details:
- Twin-tip technology means that these spark plugs have a platinum electrode (center) and a titanium electrode (ground). They measure 11mm each.
- They have a significant advantage over single platinum plugs in that they are more fuel efficient, have better acceleration, and start much faster.
- The insulator consists of pure alumina powder that contributes to thermal conductivity and dielectric strength.
- You get superior protection from corrosion, chemical erosion, and rust.
- The spark plugs will actually strengthen the engine, enabling it to withstand pressure and stress.
5. ACDelco Professional Conventional Spark Plug
This is another affordable option for you and it is from none other than ACDelco! It is of very high quality and comes with the following features:
- Its black onyx coating protects it from corrosion and rust.
- It is a durable product with ribbed suppressors that minimize engine misfires.
- The product has a special feature and design that avoids dirt from entering and spoiling the spark plug.
- You will see an increase in performance and fuel efficiency.
- This product is one of the most affordable and quality options available today.
Spark plugs have the potential to make or break the performance of your LS1 engine. So, why not take the time out to purchase the best? This guide has been curated to help you with just that. Our experts got together to give you amazing choices so that you immediately purchase what you need. We sincerely hope this helped.