The Predator 212 is often dubbed as a wonder engine because of its power. You can use the motor for multiple purposes such as garden tilling and go-karting. It packs a punch and delivers top performance without problems.
Over time, just like any other engine, you will see that your Predator 212 is not as powerful as it used to be. You may experience starting problems, low performance, backfires, etc. All these indicate that it is time to change the spark plugs because they are worn out or defective.
Types of Spark Plugs for Predator 212
The Predator 212 is a small engine and its spark plug requirements are different from the big engines. In this case, you will see resistor and non-resistor choices. Their differences are as follows:
- Resistor plugs: These plugs are suitable for the Predator 212 if you are using it with something that already has its own electronic parts.
- Non-resistor plugs: These spark plugs are suitable for racing cars and other small engines that require performance. This is because they create a radio frequency and that can interfere with the other parts in the machine.
Best Spark Plugs for Predator 212
Our experts have done a lot of work to come up with the top spark plugs for Predator 212 today. This list is curated to suit various preferences and we are positive you will be able to find what you are looking for.
1. New Stens NGK Spark Plugs for Predator 212
Of course, we will begin with one of the most popular names in the world of spark plugs – NGK! This is a set of 4 resistor plugs suitable for lawn mowers, Honda gas engines, etc. Below are some of its best features:
- The spark plugs are OEM build and will match or exceed OEM performance standards.
- The biggest USP of these plugs is that they are designed for better heat range. Ordinary plugs do not match up to them in this regard.
- The plugs resist carbon build-up.
- They have a solid copper core along with an electrode that has a nickel tip. Together, they promise a long life.
- There’s no need to worry about gas leakage because of its triple gasket sealing.
- Fouling is another problem that these plugs solve because they have a long insulator nose.
2. Autolite High Performance Racing Plug – AR3910X
Autolite is a popular company as well, which manufactures high quality spark plugs for various engines. We shall talk about the AR3910X plugs, which are suitable for racing.
- These are non-resistor plugs and popular among many racecar drivers.
- The shell comes with a unique X-gap groove that ensures cool operation. You will also see better flame kernel.
- The top material is made of nickel. It is anti-corrosive and ensures that there’s no rusting.
- The seal is non-resistive, made of copper glass. It bonds all elements together so that you get a full spark.
- You will experience less pre-ignition and better durability with these plugs.
3. E3 Spark Plugs for Racing Predator 212
Our 3rd choice is none other than the E3 spark plugs. They are also made for racing with an alloy steel body. You can use them in lawnmowers, snow mobiles, racecars, and other small engines. Their features are as follows:
- The spark plugs are designed to last long and usually exceed expectations in terms of life expectancy.
- They provide more power and better performance to the engine.
- Once you install these plugs you will experience better and quicker starts.
- You will also notice reduced emissions and better fuel efficiency.
- Maximum spark and better flame propagation are a few other highlights.
4. Honda Small Engine Spark Plugs for Predator 212
Honda has our stamp of approval when it comes to small engine spark plugs. The features of this particular one will tell you when we mean:
- These are general purpose spark plugs with high quality materials.
- They are premium plugs made to last long without problems.
- The plugs are pre-gapped at around 30 but we advise you to check before you install them.
- Their heat range is 6.
- It is an authentic spark plug that meets or exceeds the OEM standards.
5. Champion Spark Plugs for Predator 212
Champion Spark Plugs are copper plugs that promise high performance and durability. They come with a wide range of advantages over the other options. Let’s take a look:
- They have a copper core electrode that gives better control and contributes to longer life.
- They are resistant to corrosion thanks to ULTRASEAL and TinTac.
- The spark plugs meet SAE and ISO standards.
- They have a patented SAC-9 semi-conductor resistor that provides RFI and EMI suppression.
- After installation you will see a decrease in emissions and an improvement in fuel economy.
Spark plugs, despite being small in size, play a huge role in ensuring that the vehicle functions smoothly. We advise you to take your time to research so that you find one that suits your needs. Please take this guide as a reference to narrow your search down. If you have any further questions, you can reach out to us. Our experts will be happy to help you further.