The spark plug is a very important part of the vehicle because it induces ignition and ensures that the vehicle starts without problems. Without a spark plug, a vehicle cannot function.
Isn’t it fascinating to note that something that seems so small has such a huge role to play in a vehicle? It is important, thus, to ensure that the spark plug is working smoothly. When you notice any anomaly or sign of wear & tear, you should immediately look for a replacement.
Best spark plugs for 4.6 Mustang – Editor’s choice
1. ENA Spark Plugs – Pack of 8
If you have a 4.6 V8 Mustang from 2005 to 2008, this is the right pack for you. It has multiple features that promise superior performance. Let’s take a look at them:
- The spark plugs will either exceed the OE performance and design or match it at the least.
- They are known for providing better performance and durability, which results in enhanced ignitability.
- They have a copper core electrode.
- The center electrode tip is much more reliable than standard plugs, making it long-lasting.
- They take care of the common problems that one faces with worn-out spark plugs. These include rough idling, engine misfires, acceleration problems, and bad fuel economy.
- You can take advantage of the 1-year limited warranty in case there’s a problem.
- Easy to install
- Resistant to pressure and heat
- Rust proof
- Not as reliable as iridium spark plugs
2. NGK V-Power Spark Plugs for 4.6 Mustang
NGK is among the leaders when it comes to spark plugs. You can select their products without worrying at all. However, fitment is a consideration you should always make. This particular set of 8 spark plugs has been designed for Ford Mustang models from 2003 to 2014. Below are reasons why you should buy it:
- The V-power spark plugs have an insulator design. This facilitates resistance to corrosion, making installation very easy. You will also find them easy to remove when the time comes.
- They have cold-rolled threads for reliability. They protect the plating and the cylinder while ensuring that there is no corrosion or seizing.
- The spark plugs also have the ability to prevent flashovers and gas leakage.
- They have a solid copper core with consistent combustion, excellent conductivity, and optimized heat dissipation.
They also promise better fuel economy, better acceleration, and lower emissions.
- Easy to install
- Reduce emissions
- Not as reliable as iridium spark plugs
3. NGK G Power Platinum Spark Plug
Those who need only a single spark plug and are particular about platinum variations can choose this one. The NGK Platinum Spark Plug has specifically been made for 1996 to 2004 Ford Mustang 4.6 models and comes with the following specifications:
- This is an affordable upgrade from the standard spark plugs because it is made of platinum.
- The fine wire electrode, which is made of platinum, boasts of superior performance and top-notch fuel economy.
- The spark plug also provides anti-fouling, good ignitability, less voltage usage, and faster starts.
- The ground electrode has a trapezoid shape. This particular feature is responsible for flame reproduction.
- Compared to OE plugs, you will enjoy better acceleration and fuel economy.
- Better performance than standard plugs
4. NGK Iridium Spark Plug TR55IX – Pack of 8
These are superior quality NGK spark plugs, made for 1996 to 2004 Mustang models. They come in packs of 8, enabling you to replace all the spark plugs in one go. Below are a few things you should know about this set:
- They have an ultra-fine center electrode that increases durability and reliability of the spark plugs.
- They are so thin that they improve the spark through precision. In other words, they are exactly as thick as they need to be to deliver optimum performance.
- Iridium, being 6 times harder than platinum, is more reliable and can last longer.
- The spark plugs have the ability to improve acceleration and fuel economy. They are also known for superior performance.
- Excellent reliability
- Work as expected
- Slightly on the expensive side
5. NGK Iridium IX Spark Plug for 4.6 Mustang
These spark plugs are for Ford Mustang models from 2008 to 2009. They are sold in 8 packs for convenience and feasibility. Let’s find out more:
- These spark plugs have a fine wire center electrode made of iridium. This particular spec lends more durability and stable spark.
- Since iridium has a very high melting point, it is the best choice for high performance vehicles that tend to reach these high temperatures.
- While the tip material is iridium, the core material of the electrode is copper.
- The thread size is 12mm.
- These spark plugs have lower voltage requirements.
- Consistent spark
- High durability
- Slightly expensive
People also ask
It is time to learn a little more about spark plugs. We shall answer a few common questions that we get all the important information needed.
1) What’s the best spark plug for performance?
We recommend that you choose NGK Iridium IX Spark Plugs if performance is your priority.
2) Do spark plug brands matter?
Yes. Just like everything else, the brand of the spark plugs is important. The best brands promise better performance and long life.
3) Should I buy OEM spark plugs?
Yes, you should always buy OEM spark plugs for optimal performance.
4) Will any spark plug fit any car?
No. Spark plugs are designed for specific cars. Each car has different requirements and that is why spark plug designs vary. You should always check compatibility, thus.
5) Do spark plugs come pre-gapped?
Most of the new ones come pre-gapped. But, it is always a good idea to check and adjust.
6) What happens if you don’t gap your spark plugs?
Ignition and the performance of your vehicle will suffer.
Now that you know which spark plugs to purchase for your Ford Mustang, you shouldn’t wait any longer! Compare the options and choose the best.
Meta description: If you are confused about buying the right plugs for your Mustang, you have come to the right place. Click here for the best spark plugs for 4.6 Ford Mustang.