Spark plugs are the fuel for the engine. Without them, the engine won’t really function and without an engine, the entire truck will fail. This is why it is crucial to pay attention to the spark plugs and replace them when needed.
Spark plugs work to provide spark, of course, but that’s not their only function. They act as heat exchangers and get rid of extra heat. This means they keep the engine cool. They also play a role in improving performance and mileage efficiency.
Since there are so many options in the market, we understand that you may be confused. “Which one should I buy?” is a question we often receive. If you are in a fix as well and do not know which the best spark plugs for Mustang V6 are, you have come to the right place. We have put together a list of our favorites for you. Read on!
Best Spark Plugs For Mustang V6
1. ENA Spark Plugs – 1986-1996
Those who are looking for an affordable pack of spark plugs will not go wrong with ENA. You can buy 6 of them without feeling a pinch. But price is not the only reason why we recommend ENA. Below are a few more reasons:
- They are designed to replace original spark plugs seamlessly.
- They are platinum plugs.
- The components either match OE specifications or exceed them. This means that you will never compromise on performance.
- These spark plugs are known for enhanced ignition and excellent durability.
- Once you install these, you will not have to worry about engine misfires, poor mileage, slow acceleration, and other such issues.
- The manufacturers offer a 1-year warranty with these spark plugs.
2. NGK Iridium IX – 2011-2017
We can’t recommend NGK spark plugs enough! NGK is a leading manufacturer of spark plugs and has consistently exceeded expectations. If you have a Mustang V6 between 2011 and 2017, you must consider them for the following reasons:
- They have an iridium electrode that delivers excellent spark energy and acceleration.
- It is leaps and bounds stronger and more durable than platinum plugs. In fact, NGK promises 8x strength and 6x hardness.
- Needless to say, performance will get much better with the NGK iridium spark plugs.
- The spark plugs are durable even under high heat. They also have anti-seizing properties.
- You can also enjoy better throttle response and ignitability.
3. NGK V-Power Sparks – 1998 to 2004
If you want an NGK set of spark plugs but the above option doesn’t suit your model, try these! The NGK V-power spark plugs have been designed for 1998 to 2004 models. Their main features are:
- They are easy to install.
- They are resistant to corrosion.
- They have cold-rolled threads that protect the cylinder head.
- The trivalent metal plating makes the spark plugs anti-seizing.
- They also have a five-rib insulator, which is very important to avoid flashover and gas leakage.
- You can enjoy better performance than standard plugs along with excellent heat dissipation, lower emissions, and better fuel economy.
4. NGK Laser Platinum Spark Plugs – 2011-2017
Upgrade your standard spark plugs with these highly functional and reliable laser platinum spark plugs from NGK! If you are wondering why, read on for answers.
They have a double precious metal construction that promises better performance than OEM plugs. Their performance exceeds even V-power and G-power plugs.
- They have an alumina silicate ceramic that makes them more insulating and safe.
- You can enjoy better ignitability, faster combustion, and minimal quenching.
- Thanks to the cold-rolled threads you can install them easily and be sure that they will last for a long time.
- These spark plugs can handle high temperature with the utmost ease.
5. NGK G-Power Spark Plugs – 1998-2004
The NGK G-power spark plugs are the perfect mix of affordability and efficiency. So, if that’s what you are looking at, these are the spark plugs you should go for. Let’s take a closer look:
- They reduce emissions and provide better fuel economy.
- They have a platinum wire center electrode that reduces voltage requirements. It also helps with starting the engine even in harsh weather conditions.
- The spark plugs will deliver superior performance, especially when compared to OEM specifications.
- They work well even in high heat and are very reliable.
- Their trivalent metal plating makes them resistant to corrosion and seizing.
When you compare all our recommendations, you will see that they have a few striking differences. Make sure you keep your requirements in mind and choose from them so that you have the right spark plugs that enhance the performance of your vehicle. If you have any questions or doubts about them, you know what to do – leave a comment.
BONUS – FAQ
1) How many spark plugs in a V6?
If you are wondering how many spark plugs you actually need, the answer is 6. Mustang V6 has 6 spark plugs and it is ideal to change all of them together.