Troy Bilt TB110 is a popular lawnmower with a Briggs and Stratton engine. It does not have a choke start or a simple prime. The lawnmower is built in the USA but its parts come from various parts of the globe.
Many users love the lawnmower because it has a TriAction Cutting System, which gives the lawn an even and well-groomed look. It also works on rough spots and pushes through with ease. That’s something that not many lawnmowers can boast of.
Just as is the case with any engine, over time the performance of this engine goes down as well. Wear & tear is one factor, of course, but faulty spark plugs tops the list. After a couple of years, you will need to change your TB110’s spark plugs for optimal performance and ease of use.
Troy Bilt TB110 Spark Plug Replacement
In this section, we will walk you through our picks of the best spark plugs you can purchase for your TB110. Our experts curated this list for you after personal experience.
1. Champion Spark Plugs for Craftsman
If there’s a brand that does justice to its name, it is Champion. These spark plugs are of top quality and come with all the features you could ask for. Let’s take a closer look:
- The core material is copper and the top material of the spark plugs is made out of metal.
- The copper electrode is responsible for better conductivity and heat control. These benefits ensure that the service life of the engine is extended significantly.
- The spark plugs have multiple applications from lawnmowers to snowmobiles, passenger cars, and power sports.
- They are direct OE replacements and fit the TB110 perfectly.
- You will experience an improvement in the overall performance once you switch to these spark plugs.
2. MTD Spark Plug – 753-06947
MTD is a leading company that specializes in spark plugs for snowblowers and lawnmowers. These spark plugs are made specifically for Troy Bilt, Murray, Remington, Arnold, and Yard Man. Their features are as follows:
- These are genuine, OE replacement spark plugs.
- They are copper plugs with the capability to increase service life.
- They take care of starting problems, misfires, and jerks.
- With the help of these spark plugs, you can get OE performance from your engine even if it is old.
- MTD provides excellent sales and service support as and when needed.
3. P SeekPro TB110 Spark Plug Replacement
If you are looking for an affordable option and do not mind a third-party seller, these spark plugs will do the job for you. They are easy on the pocket and do their job well. Below are a few more details:
- This is a set of 5 spark plugs and a service card. Everything you need to know will be available in the card.
- They are versatile plugs that will easily fit your TB110.
- Once installed you will see an immediate improvement in performance.
- The spark plugs avoid misfires and fouling. They also have anti-seizing properties.
- These are not original parts. They are third-party replacements.
4. Troy-Bilt Spark Plug – 490-250-Y014
This spark plug comes directly from Troy-Bilt, which means you can do no wrong with it! It is the perfect replacement for your lawnmower spark plugs for the following reasons:
- These are original spark plugs. You don’t have to worry about fitment and other details.
- They have a thread diameter of 14mm.
- They are resistant to corrosion and maximize plug life.
- The spark plugs are made specifically for Troy Bilt 140cc, 159cc, and 196cc engines.
- They are easy to install and can be used immediately because they come pre-gapped.
5. Hipa Spark Plug – 753-06193
Here’s another good spark plug that you can rely on if you are not big on direct OE replacements. The plug fits perfectly, of course, but it is not an original part. Its features are as follows:
- The thread diameter of these plugs is 14mm.
- They have a thread reach of 7.8mm, which is quite close to original parts.
- They are compatible with MTD Troy Bilt and RDJ7J lawnmowers.
- Even though these are generic plugs, they do a good job of increasing performance.
- They also prevent fouling and seizing.
People also ask
1) What size spark plug does a Troy Bilt have?
OE spark plugs have a gasket seat with a heat range of 19. Their thread size is 14mm.
2) What is the spark plug gap on Troy Bilt lawnmowers?
3) How can you tell when a spark plug is bad?
The following are signs of a bad spark plug:
- Poor performance
- Hard starts
- Rattle noise
- Bad fuel economy
4) What is the proper spark plug gap?
This depends on the engine. For racing applications, it is between 0.20 and 0.40.
5) What causes spark plugs to go bad fast?
Overheating is the number one cause.
6) How often do spark plugs fail?
They may go bad anytime between 30,000 and 90,000 miles.
7) Can all spark plugs go bad at once?
No, they don’t generally go bad together.
8) What do you do with old spark plugs?
Please discard them.
To ensure that your lawnmower works smoothly, you should change its spark plugs and maintain it well. The right spark plugs will boost performance and enhance your experience. We hope our article has helped you in that aspect. If you have any doubts regarding this, please get in touch with us and we will do our best.